October 22, 2020
How to Survive as an Entrepreneur & Giveaway
In honor of National Business Women’s Week, HALO co-founder and yoga slayer Robin Levine is giving us her top 5 tips to surviving entrepreneurship from focusing on the big picture and trusting your instincts to growing a thick skin and sticking it out when times get tough. Make sure you read until the end for a special giveaway from Robin!
- Know where to focus your energy & time – Female entrepreneurs are natural multitaskers, but knowing how to prioritize is key. Solve one problem at a time and stay focused on the big picture.
- Trust your instincts – Have confidence in yourself and listen to your instincts. It’s easy to be swayed by the opinions of others, especially when starting out, but I’ve learned the hard way to always go with your gut. Stay open to other perspectives, but ultimately, you need to trust yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of failing – Mistakes are inevitable; the key is to learn from them and move on quickly.
- Develop a thick skin – Being able to deal with criticism is important since you can almost always learn something from it. Stay objective and don’t take it personally! Get in the habit of asking, “What is this moment teaching me?” Then, use your learnings to advance in business.
- Keep going – The ability to persevere when times get tough is key to your survival as an entrepreneur. There’s nothing wrong with taking time out to process, but it’s critical to get back to it ASAP. I personally find doing a workout or going for a quick walk with my dogs helps me reset and makes everything seem more doable. There’s no success story without ups and downs, so take time out and look after yourself, but then adapt and keep going.